Friday, January 16, 2009

Roundtable Friday

Despite the fact that my brain has felt like exploding recently due to over use, I can’t seem to think of a single interesting thing to blog about. So for that reason, I’m going to ask anyone out there that may be reading this to answer a few questions that I’ve been meaning to ask for a while. They are random and in no way related to each other (other than the fact that they have all crossed my mind in recent days), but perhaps if someone out there can provide any answers and lay these fleeting queries to rest, then my brain will have slightly more room to think of something blogworthy.

1. How does one efficiently grocery shop for all needed items using coupons and store deals, without spending a straight week organizing said coupons, documenting said sales, and drawing up detailed blue prints of the grocery store layout? I have been trying to find my niche in this area, and I am failing miserably. I have always loved lists, and can organize with the best of ‘em, but this task has proven to be far more overwhelming than I ever imagined. Does anyone out there have any tips or magical systems for this that I could possibly use to my advantage?

2. Is it possible to make my blog prettier and break away from the standard Blogger layouts without actually paying for a new layout? Is there a certain site that people are going to that I just don’t know about? Or are all the people out there with pretty blogs just less cheap than myself and are actually paying for them?

3. How much would you pay someone to come and paint a mural on your wall? I realize the answer to this one may differ greatly depending on wall size and mural size… so for the sake of the question, let’s just say it’s a one wall mural, and takes up approximately ¾ of the standard household-sized wall. Any ball park idea of what a fair price would be for commissioned work?

4. In the end of Reservoir Dogs, did Mr. Pink die too?

5. What is tapioca made of? Really?

Thank you very much for your assistance in these matters. Perhaps if this works well I'll make it a regular Friday thing, as I spend most of my time somewhat confused and in need of answers.

5 comments:

Annabel said...

"Tapioca is a flavorless, colorless, odorless starch extracted from the root of the plant species Manihot esculenta.Tapioca is gluten free, and nearly protein free. The commercial form of tapioca most familiar to many people is pearl tapioca."
This is the wikipedia definition...well, part of it. Basically it's very similar to rice.

As far as shopping goes, there are numerous websites out there that are completely devoted to sending you your local grocers sales and brand name coupons. Most stores basically accept upto three coupons for each items so say king soopers offers a coupon for kraft macaroni and that same week kraft offers a coupon for kraft macaroni you can use both coupons on that product. I heard about and signed up for but have yet to utilize because of my lack of computer a free website called couponmom.com and you can even sign up to recieve a free weekly recipe or whatever from anyone from paula dean to rachel ray and other people who use the website. It does however take time and energy. Also, if you have space for it buy in bulk. If toilet paper is buy one get one free than buy 20 packs. Or if Jacob's favorite cereal is 1.50 a box buy 5 boxes. It's more money for your trip to the store but less through the course of the year. Planning ahead is always a great idea. Don't shop frivolously. Plan your meals according to whats in the sale magazine they send you in the mail..You may have to go to more than one store but it'll keep you from buying too much food and letting it go bad.

Well that's all. Love you and I'll see you tomorrow.

Angie @ Flibbertigibberish said...

I have answers to your burning questions, Molly. I popped in for just a second and I'll be back!

Annabel said...

you are seriously behind. And where is my poem???? :)

Annabel said...

you are seriously behind. And where is my poem???? :)

Meghan said...

Yes, you are seriously behind. I've even gotten around to updating www.robertscountry.com. Where are you? Shouldn't we being seeing a post about your swimming bird by now?