Sunday, November 2, 2008

A Word About Daylight Savings

I used to love the “Fall Back” time of year. Seriously, what’s not to love?

Here’s what’s not to love:

Clocks go back an hour at 2:00am. I work an 8-hour swing shift that ends at 2:00am. Therefore, as I sat here tonight nearing the end of my shift and watching that final minute pass from 1:59 to 2:00-- the minute that generally signals my freedom and all-around happiness-- something terrible happened instead. I have never felt as defeated as when I witnessed 1:59am become 1:00am. I imagine this may be what Hell is like (this, and also an eternity of trying to match Tupperware lids to their proper bowls).

I used to hate “Spring Forward” day. Oh how I miss those days…

3 comments:

Annabel said...

That is the by far the most horrible thing I have ever heard!

Dianna said...

My husband and I were just talking the other day about how people working nights felt about this. Now I know. Sorry. :(

Angie @ Flibbertigibberish said...

Agreed on the whole Tupperward lids thing. Ugh.

AND! So get this - I fell asleep on the couch the Saturday night of Daylight Savings and woke up around 1:00. The TV was still on, and for some reason I pressed "Guide" to see what was on (hello, it was 1:00 in the morning - can you say, infomercial?). Anyway, the answer to a question that has been plaguing me since last spring was answered. On the cable guide on TV, it lists the shows that begin at 1:00... 1:30... 1:00... 1:30... call me a total dork, but I always wondered what that would look like! I went to bed (my ACTUAL bed) so happy that night. My discovery and solved mystery made the kids getting off of their schedules much easier to swallow. I was so happy.

And see, I was going to blog about it, but figured no one would care a lick about it and would think me psychotic. So now you, my lucky cousin, get this story all to yourself.