Sunday, October 19, 2008

Corn and More Corn

Is any one else about to burst with seasonal joy, or is that just me?

Honestly, I don’t know how any one can justify living anywhere but here. My only wish is that the changing leaves would stay around just a little while longer. I love waking up in the mornings and being surprised at the cool chill of morning air that you haven’t felt for months. Or taking a walk outside and smelling the faint aroma of fire places being used for the first time. Or watching a hazy sunset over mountains that somehow formed a blanket of snow over night. Yeah, you can’t get much better than this.

But, you can certainly appreciate it all the more by taking in the view from the middle of a corn field.

We spent one amazing day this week at the Fritzler Corn Maize. It was way too much fun. I would definitely recommend this to any one in the Denver area looking for a fun family outing. We got to do two corn mazes, launch a corn canon, jump on an over-sized trampoline pillow, ride a barrel train roller coaster, sport 3-D glasses through a house of jumping paintings, and wander through the insides of a giant inflatable lizard. The prices were very reasonable, and I definitely felt like we more than got our money’s worth.










2 comments:

Leslie said...

Loved your pictures...very cool. Now...stop making me homesick for fall! It's just not gonna happen like that here in AZ!!!

Angie @ Flibbertigibberish said...

Oh, I just posted yesterday about my love for fall. I wrote a poem about it, actually, and I think you'll love it.

But that inflatable lizard? Freak me out. A colorful leafy sprig tucked into the chains holding him down still wouldn't make me want to snuggle up with him. I'm trying to figure out how he fits in with fall...